In this article, we will tell you about an interesting trick from Google that can captivate you and your children for more than one hour. We live in the age of technology, so you can work wonders with just one smartphone. You will learn how to add different animals to your room in virtual reality.
- Animals that are available on Google
- New virtual pets
- How to enable this feature and settle animals right in your home
- Why does this function not work?
- Video clip
Animals that are available on Google
Google has long announced a new “bun”, which soon became popular all over the world. At the time of this announcement, the virtual animal zoo was very small, time passed and new animal models were developed.
What animals are available at the moment?
- Brown bear
New virtual pets
After the presentation of this feature, the designers at Google added new animals.
- French Bulldog
- And the Pomeranian Spitz
What will happen next?
The virtual zoo attracted the attention of people from all over the world, it is logical that the developers will not stop there and will supplement the zoo with new mammals, of which there are about 5000 individuals in the world. This is not an easy task for designers, since each animal needs to be drawn to the smallest detail and make the most realistic pet. It is necessary to study well the movements and habits of the animals in order to achieve the maximum effect.
How to enable this feature and settle animals right in your home
To turn three-dimensional animal figures into 3D, you just need to have a smartphone, access the Internet and use Google as a browser.
- It will be enough to enter the name of the animal in the search line
- Now flip through the tab to the inscription with a proposal to get acquainted with the 3D model of the animal
- An exact model of the selected animal opens in front of you, but how to put it in your room? Click on the button “Post to yourself”.
- Next, we follow the instructions, namely: Point the camera to the floor and turn it after the indicated hint
- The animal will not disappear anywhere, you can walk around it as an exhibit in a museum, look from all sides.
There is one caveat, this function works differently on different devices, someone’s smartphone does not support such 3D modeling at all. Since the virtual zoo has existed not so long ago, it has not yet been optimized for all devices, so bugs and lags may be observed on individual devices.
Why does this function not work
As mentioned above, this Google bun is not optimized for all devices. But, if you encounter a problem, try updating the Google version to the latest version, often the problem is precisely because of this.
Problems have been noticed with the launch of 3D shapes on smartphones from Huawei, even on the most recent models. This is most likely due to a conflict between Google and the manufacturer of these smartphones.
Try to change your request and remove the “3D” prefix from it, leave only the name of the beast.
Check if the conditions for launching 3D models are met, namely:
- Sign in to your Google account
- ARCore certified
- More than 1 GB of free space is available on the device. Otherwise, the phone simply won’t have enough resources to handle such a task.
- You have installed at least one AR-enabled app
- The smartphone is connected to a wireless network without traffic limits.
If you still cannot start this function, then your smartphone is not suitable for such a request. The list of supported models on the screenshots below:
Found your model on the list, but still have problems with launch?
You may not have provided all the necessary permissions for Google, especially media and camera access.
How do you grant this permission?
- Open the settings
- Further section “Applications”
- “All Applications”
- We are looking for your browser in the list
- After that click on “App Permissions”
- And grant all the necessary rights for each item.
You only need to open these shapes through the Google Chrome browser.