In this article, you will learn how to download your own and other people’s Instagram Stories. We will also teach you how to automatically save stories after publication.
How to download stories you’ve posted or shared in the past
Instagram stories are uploaded for 24 hours, after which no one will see them. The developers have made a special function “Archive”, in which you can find all the stories that you have ever uploaded. This feature will help you download a story, even if it was published a month ago.
- Opening the Instagram app
- Click in the lower right corner on your profile icon (Your avatar will be displayed there)
- Click on the three stripes in the upper right corner.
- Then we select “Archive” and all the stories that you uploaded to your profile will open in front of you. Here you can change the “stories” section to “publications” to see the photos you’ve archived.
- We select any story and after that, you are transferred to the story editor.
- Here you can remove the post date sticker, increase the size of the story, add or remove gifs, stickers, etc.
- At the top there will be an arrow icon, when you click on it, your story will be uploaded to the gallery.
If you want to download the story that you posted today, do the following:
- Open Instagram
- Go to your story. (Click on your profile picture in the upper left corner)
- Now you see the story you want to save. Click in the lower right corner on three dots (more) and click “Save”.
- Congratulations, your story has been uploaded to the gallery.
We configure the automatic download of your story after publication
- Open your Instagram profile (Bottom icon with your avatar).
- Then there are three stripes in the upper right corner.
- Now the section “Settings”.
- And then “Stories”
- In the “Save” section, activate the loading of stories into the archive. In these settings, you can save your photos to the smartphone gallery.
How to save other people’s stories
And now the fun part is how to save other people’s stories to your smartphone. The most important thing is that the user will not know that you have downloaded his story.
This will require third-party applications. Of course, you can take a screenshot of a story or a screen recording to capture a video, but if that doesn’t work, read on.
You will need an application Repost Story for Instagram.
This is one of the best of its kind program for saving other people’s stories. This application also allows you to add other people’s publications to your profile, very cool.
To download someone else’s story, you need to follow a couple of simple steps:
- Authorize your Instagram in Repost Story for Instagram app.
- Next, select the person from whom we will download the story and click on his story.
- On the right side of the screen, click “Options”.
- Click “Save” and now this story is available in your gallery.
Another leader in this space is Story Saver (from One tap Labs).
The essence of the application is the same as that of the competitor above. The functionality is the same
- Open the app
- Find the right person by nickname
- Open his story. Now you can download his photo / video or make a repost. There is also a minus of the application, it is advertising, but you can be patient. You can remove annoying ad inserts by paying a couple of dollars.
Save someone else’s story via Telegram
There are a lot of useful bots in Telegram, it has long been not just a messenger for communication. For example, the InstaSave bot will help you download someone else’s publication or story, without having to download third-party software.
To save the desired content, you need to start a dialogue with the bot, select a language and send a link to the publication or story. The bot will provide the content as a file that can be downloaded to your smartphone.
How to save someone else’s story via PC
There is a special extension for Google, it allows you to download a story directly from the instagram page.
Downloader for Instagram (extension) also has the function of downloading content from the feed. The files will be downloaded directly to the PC.
But beware, these are not official Facebook apps. There are simply no official utilities, so all your login information is passed on to strangers. Log in to your instagram account through such utilities – or not, it’s up to you.