Not so long ago, smartphone developers began to add a “Dark Theme” feature to their devices. Apps followed suit and started releasing updated versions with this feature. This article will discuss how to enable dark theme on Instagram.
In general, the night mode brings not only the aesthetic enjoyment of the device interface and individual applications, but also has practical applications. At night it is more pleasant for the eyes to work with a dark interface, it does not put pressure on vision and your eyes do not get tired so quickly. Battery consumption is also economical.
A way to enable dark theme through device settings.
If night mode is activated on your device, all applications that support it will automatically change their interface to dark tones. For “night mode” on Instagram, you need Android version 10+. You can go to the night interface inside the application itself. but this function is not available for everyone. The transition is carried out only if you enable the night theme on the device itself.
Important: full dark mode in MIUI 10 and MIUI 11 cannot be set from “Settings” on IPS-screens. By default, Dark Mode is only activated on smartphones with an OLED display. If you have IPS, you will have to download third-party themes.
To enable the dark theme on your Android device, you need to:
- Enter the settings section
- Select “Screen”
- Go to the “Dark Mode” section
- Activate it (You can also configure the inclusion of this mode on a schedule so that it is active only at night)
- Now go to Instagram and your interface should automatically turn dark. (This will work with other popular apps that support this feature as well)
A method that does not work for everyone
Some users can change the Instagram interface right inside the app. This feature is not available to everyone, and some may not have it in the settings of the application itself.
What should be done?
- Open your profile
- Click in the upper right corner on the three stripes
- In the new window go to the “Settings” section
- Next, open the “Topic” section and choose any option you like.
This method is very simple and if it is available to you, the process of changing the interface will take no more than 2 minutes.
How to install dark theme on older versions of Android
If you have Android below version 10, we have found a couple of apps for you to help you change the Instagram interface.
Let’s consider the principle of operation using one of them as an example:
- Install any of these applications in the Play Market
- Open the utility and enter your Instagram account through it
- Immediately, the interface will already be dark.
- The utility will prompt you to save your login information.
- After that, you can surf the Instagram feed using this software.
It’s up to you to trust these apps or not. Consider whether the dark interface is worth injecting your data from the page into third-party applications. When surfing the feed, an advertisement may appear, it can be easily closed by clicking on the cross. This is the only disadvantage of these free programs.