This article will show you how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android, we will show you the best methods. Although the two systems are completely different, there are ways to save and export contacts between devices. Also we have article about transferring all your data from iOS to Android.
Export using iCloud
If your iOS device is connected to iCloud, there will be no problems with creating a backup copy of numbers.
First, you need to sign in to your iCloud account on your PC.
- Select the “Contacts” section, then click “All contacts” in the upper left corner.
- Hold down the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + A or Command + A, these are hotkeys for selecting all numbers.
- You may see a window asking you to download from www.iCloud.com. Confirm your action.
- At the bottom of the page, click on the gear and select “Export vCard”. VCF and vCard are file formats for electronic business cards and cards. Typically, these formats contain: names, addresses and phone numbers.
- A window with all your phone numbers will open in front of you. We again use the keyboard shortcut described in the first paragraph to quickly select all the numbers.
- Right-click on any number.
- We select the type of export to “vCard” and specify the path to save the file, you can upload it to the desktop.
- Phone numbers from your iOS device will be uploaded to your desktop in VCF format. You can email this file to yourself or import it directly into your Google browser.
- When starting a new Android device for the first time or setting it up for the first time, do the following: Connect your Google account to the new device and import the vCard from your mail to upload all phone numbers to the new device.
- You can save your letter with the contact file for yourself and secure it in a secure storage so that you always have a backup copy of the phone book at your fingertips.
Transfer using Google Contacts
If you’ve used a Google account on your iPhone, this will make exporting your contacts much easier. If you don’t have such an account, be sure to create one! You will need a Google account for a new device. Before using this method, save the vCard in your iCloud as described in the method above.
To export the license plates, take the following steps:
- We open Google contacts in our browser.
- In the lower left corner, click on the “Import” function. Click on “Select File” and select the vCard that we imported from iCloud.
- Click “Import”
- If you used a Google account before, after importing contacts, there may be duplicates in your phone book. View your contact list and delete copies of numbers, it won’t take long.
- You can use Google’s automatic duplicate finder. This feature is called Find Duplicates. But, it does not always work correctly.
Synchronization with Android smartphone
This method will be as simple as possible for those who have not yet turned on a new Android device. At the first start, the smartphone itself will offer to log in with a Google account. Enter your details from the account you used on the iPhone and your contacts will be automatically imported.
If you’ve already launched your new device, do the following:
- Select “Settings”, “Accounts” and you will be able to see all the accounts that are connected to your device.
- At the bottom there will be a button “Add Account”.
- Click on it and enter your details from the account that you used on your iOS device.
- Now all your contacts are automatically synchronized, and together with them you can connect Calendar, Chrome, Gmail and other services that will be available.
Using third-party applications
If you are short on time or having problems transferring contacts through the methods above, use these two applications:
- MCBackup is an application that restores your contacts and makes transfer between devices without using a PC and synchronization. The backup copy is made with one click. The application interface is as simple and straightforward as possible. You can send the received VCF file to yourself by mail.
- Transfer to IOS. A powerful application that was developed by Apple for Android. The functionality allows you to transfer data from IOS to Android. The two devices connect over a wireless Wi-Fi network and export contacts, messages, videos, photos, bookmarks, email accounts, calendars. The app works with the version from Android 10 and IOS 9.