Often when you buy a new phone, the keys vibrate when pressed by default. This feature is annoying to some. In this article, we’ll walk you through step by step how to get rid of keyboard and touch button vibration.
Turn off vibration when typing
This instruction is almost universal for all smartphones, the names of the sections in the settings may differ, but the essence does not change.
- Open the settings;
- In the “System” section, we need “Language and Input”. On some devices, you need to enter “System” – “Advanced” – “Language & input” or (Google Keyboard);
- In the “Google keyboard” section, select the “Settings” item;
- Disable the “Vibration when the keys are pressed” function.
Method N2. Disable vibration on the keyboard
You can turn off vibration immediately while typing, for this:
- Open the layout and click on the gear icon
- In the window that appears, turn off the “Vibration feedback when the keys are pressed”, you can configure other functions if desired.
Important: This method is suitable for the standard Gboard layout. If you have a third-party keyboard installed, the settings icons may not appear when typing.
Disabling vibration on the touch buttons of the smartphone
The vibration on the keyboard was turned off, but did it remain on the touch buttons? Read the instructions below:
- Go to “Settings”
- Select the section “Audio Profiles”
- Choose the profile you are using. This is often “Normal”.
- In the new window, select “Change”
- In the “System” section, turn off the “Vibration feedback”.
In this menu, you can flexibly customize the sound of keys, clicks, notifications, etc.